How to cope with isolation and anxiety during Covid19?
Coping with isolation and anxiety
The information provided here is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Consult with your health care provider and never disregard professional medical advice, or delay in seeking it, because of something you have read on this website.
- Free webinars for parents, youth and child care workers-The Psychology Foundation of Canada: https://psychologyfoundation.org/Public/Donate/Content/Donate_Now.aspx?hkey=7ae1086e-e226-40be-993b-5c07d5e6ab5f
- Parenting/Parents- Talking to kids about Covid19: https://www.anxietycanada.com/articles/talking-to-kids-about-covid-19/
- Parenting resources during Covid19: https://www.strong4life.com/en/landing-pages/building-resilient-kids-during-covid-19
- About Kids health- Is my child or adolescent feeling stressed about Covid19? https://www.aboutkidshealth.ca/Article?contentid=3867&language=English
- Helping Children Cope With Changes Resulting From COVID-19- National Association of School Psychologists https://www.nasponline.org/resources-and-publications/resources-and-podcasts/school-climate-safety-and-crisis/health-crisis-resources/helping-children-cope-with-changes-resulting-from-covid-19
- Stress, Anxiety and Depression Associated With the Coronavirus COVID-19 Disease- Government of Quebec https://www.quebec.ca/en/health/health-issues/a-z/2019-coronavirus/stress-anxiety-and-depression-associated-with-the-coronavirus-covid-19-disease/
- Challenging Worries and Anxious Thoughts- Centre for Addiction and Mental Health https://www.camh.ca/-/media/files/camh_covid19_infosheet-challenge_worries-pdf.pdf
- Dealing with Problems in Structured Ways- Centre for Addiction and Mental Health https://www.camh.ca/-/media/files/camh_covid19_infosheet-dealing_with_problems-pdf.pdf
- Talking to Children about Covid-19- Centre for Addiction and Mental Health at https://www.camh.ca/-/media/files/camh_covid19_infosheet-talking_to_kids-pdf.pdf
- Covid-19 and Anxiety- heretohelp- Canadian Mental Health Association, BC Division https://www.heretohelp.bc.ca/infosheet/covid-19-and-anxiety
- What to do if you’re anxious or worried about coronavirus (COVID-19)- Anxiety Canada https://www.anxietycanada.com/articles/what-to-do-if-you-are-anxious-or-worried-about-coronavirus-covid-19/
- Tips for Coping with coronavirus anxiety- Australian Psychological Society https://www.psychology.org.au/getmedia/38073179-4701-48bd-afd9-988c560ee2f9/20APS-IS-COVID-19-P1.pdf
- Coronavirus (COVID-19): managing stress and anxiety- The University of Melbourne, Counselling and Psychological Services https://services.unimelb.edu.au/counsel/resources/wellbeing/coronavirus-covid-19-managing-stress-and-anxiety
- In Response To COVID-19 Pandemic, the Canadian Mental Health Association, Ontario Division, and Mental Health Works, are inviting Ontarians to attend a special webinar series on mental wellness. The Webinars for clients include Stress and Anxiety, Isolation and Loneliness, Being Mindful at Work (from home!) (from April 2 to April 15) https://www.afhto.ca/news-events/events/cmha-ontario-and-mental-health-works-webinars-response-covid-19-pandemic
- In Response To COVID-19 Pandemic, CMHA Ontario And Mental Health Works offer Webinars for health workers and professionals: Mental Wellness for Health care Professionals, Stress Management in Health care Settings, Mental Health for Telehealth, Mental Health for Support Staff: Taking Care of Yourself. (from April 2 to April 17) http://www.mentalhealthworks.ca/mental-health-works-provide-webinars-workplace-mental-health-amid-covid-19-concerns/
- Big White Wall- Peer to Peer online mental health support network. Ages 16+, https://otn.ca/patients/bigwhitewall/
- BounceBack- Help adults and youth manage low mood, mild to moderate depression and anxiety, stress or worry, https://bouncebackontario.ca/
- Breaking Free from Substance Use- online platform to help support wellness around substance use https://www.breakingfreeonline.ca/
- Coping with stress and anxiety- https://www.camh.ca/en/health-info/mental-health-and-covid-19#coping
- Calm- Provides guided meditation that can help with overall mental health. Available for iOS and Android.
- Headspace- Provides guided meditation that can help with overall mental health. Available for iOS and Android.
- Moodnotes- Straightforward thought record app that helps you track and improve your thoughts. Available for iOS.
- HealthyMinds- Problem-solving tool to help deal with emotions and cope with the stresses you encounter both on and off campus. https://www.theroyal.ca/healthyminds-app