Job Posting: Social Enterprise Manager, Hot Shoe Productions
· 7-month employment contract (ending Aug 31, 2020) with possibility of extension
· 14 hours per week (equivalent of 2 days)
· Some evening and weekend work required
· Salary of $50,000 per year prorated to 2 days per week
This is a seven-month employment contract with possibility of extension subject to funding and successful performance evaluations.
Background and Context
Hot Shoe Productions (HSP) is a successful social enterprise providing training and employment opportunities for young people in the filmmaking and videography industries. Clients include a wide range of not-for-profit organizations and businesses across the Ottawa region. HSP provides meaningful employment for up to 25 talented and passionate young people at any given time. Youth play a leadership role in all aspects of the business, with the support and guidance of an experienced videographer. See: http://www.hotshoe.ca/.
Duties and Responsibilities
The successful candidate will manage the Social Enterprise, Hot Shoe Productions, including duties such as:
· Growing the Social Enterprise through business development, developing new client segments, partnerships and seeking other new opportunities
· Primary point of contact for clients and partners
· Supporting youth in their learning process and their professional development
· Scheduling youth videographers, editors and other administrative/coordination tasks
· Transporting equipment and accompanying youth videographers on film shoots
· Overseeing video editing and delivery of video to clients
· Advising the team on equipment purchases and maintenance
· Implementing a central project logging system for video footage
· Leading marketing campaigns and market research
· Participating in program evaluation and funds development
· Working collaboratively with the Youth Active Media Coordinator in the delivery of the videography training program
· Direct experience in video production including camera, sound and lighting equipment
· Strong working knowledge of Adobe Premiere and/or other post-production software
· Experience working with youth in a facilitation capacity, including at-risk youth populations
· Proven ability to work in a professional manner with clients and partners
· Ability to develop and cultivate professional working relationships with community organizations, schools and other groups
· Entrepreneurial skills including experience running a business or freelancing, and marketing
· Project management experience
· Strong speaking, writing and presentation skills
· ‘Out of the box’ problem solving abilities
· Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
· Enthusiasm, fortitude, patience and passion
· Demonstrated ability to work independently and in a team
Note: The successful candidate will be required to have a valid driver's license and access to a reliable vehicle for transporting equipment. Mileage will be reimbursed at $0.36/km.
· Second language ability (French or other language)
· Experience with website development (wordpress, weebly, etc)
· Experience with photography and/or graphic design
Method of Application:
Please send cover letter and resume by Friday, January 19th 2020, 5:00 pm by e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
We regret that we cannot answer inquiries or phone calls about this position.
The Social Planning Council is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from members of equity seeking groups