How Your Donations Are Used:
The SPC relies on donations, membership fees and research contracts to cover costs which are not covered within our grants.The SPC is a registered charity and provides receipts for income tax purposes.
Donations account for approximately 2% of our revenues, and pay for:
- Participant expenses to enable low income residents to participate in our community development work (includes childcare, refreshments and reimbursement of transportation)
- Purchase of data to prepare our research and answer information requests
- Translation of some of our research and information into French.
- Projects which are not funded by other sources, and much more.
> Critical Needs in 2015-2016
This year we have a critical need for support for:
- Our community kitchens and the "food pantry" -- a revolving loan fund for low and moderate income households to enable collaborative bulk buying of nutritious food;
- Our Green Home Renovation initiative, which creates viable employment opportunities for youth facing labour market barriers;
- The Ethno-Cultural Coaliation, which support small ethno-cultural organizations to run programming in their communities.
How to Donate
Donate on-line through Canada Helps (credit cards)
Click here to donate to The Social Planning Council of Ottawa through the Canada Helps Website. Canada Helps issues the tax receipt.
Donate by mail (cheque)
Please make cheques payable to: Social Planning Council of Ottawa
The Social Planning Council of Ottawa
150 Gloucester Streete
Ottawa, ON, K2P 0A6
Matching Gift Program
Many Canadian companies offer a matching gift program to their employees by matching donations at 1,2, or 3 times the gift made by the employee to charitable organizations. Help multiply your donation by contacting your Human Resources Department to see if your company has a matching gift program.