Learn about your options: Information on government support and managing your financial health
- Employment Insurance (EI)- You can apply for EI benefits online or over the phone. On-line: https://srv270.hrdc-drhc.gc.ca/AW/introduction?GoCTemplateCulture=en-CA Over the phone: 1-833-381-2755. If you are not eligible for EI you might be able to apply for the emergency care benefit.
- Federal assistance to Canadians- A number of new benefits have been announced by the Federal government as part of their Economic Response Plan to assist low-income individuals and those who have recently become unemployed as a result of COVID-19. https://www.canada.ca/en/department-finance/economic-response-plan.html
- Provincial Government emergency assistance- The provincial funding will help individuals who do not qualify for emergency financial supports under federal programs. The government is putting in place an expanded Emergency Assistance Program through Ontario Works to cover needs such as food, rent, informal childcare, and services. There will also be discretionary benefits available to those who already receive social assistance. You can apply for Covid19 Emergency Assistance on the website of Ministry of Children, Community and Social Services https://www.ontario.ca/page/ministry-children-community-and-social-services
- Prosper Canada works towards community’s financial literacy. Read A brief about the support offered to Canadians and a summary of the governments Covid19 economic response plan on the Prosper Canada website Prosper Canada, Covid19 Federal Economic Response Plan-summary
- Government of Canada- Resources for Canadian Businesses https://www.canada.ca/en/services/business/maintaingrowimprovebusiness/resources-for-canadian-businesses.html
- Hydro Ottawa is helping customers and offering assistance such as flexible payment plans https://hydroottawa.com/outages-safety/community-safety/covid-19-virus