How to Donate
To donate using a credit card, please use Canada Helps:
To donate via a cheque: Please make cheques payable to: Social Planning Council of Ottawa. You can drop off or mail to:
The Social Planning Council of Ottawa
815 St Laurent Blvd, Suit 235
Ottawa, ON, K1K 3A7
Matching Gift Program
Many Canadian companies offer a matching gift program to their employees by matching donations at 1,2, or 3 times the gift made by the employee to charitable organizations. Help multiply your donation by contacting your Human Resources Department to see if your company has a matching gift program.
We Appreciate your Support
Donations account for approximately 2% of our revenues, and pay for:
- Participant expenses to enable low income residents to participate in our community development work (includes childcare, refreshments and reimbursement of transportation)
- Purchase of data to prepare our research and answer information requests
- Translation of some of our research and information into various languages.
- Projects which are not funded by other sources, and much more.
> Critical Needs
This year we have a critical need for support for:
- Our community kitchens and the "food pantry" -- support for low and moderate income households to enable collaborative bulk buying of nutritious food;
- Our Social Enterprises, which creates viable employment opportunities for youth facing labour market barriers;
- The Ethno-Cultural Coaliation, which support small ethno-cultural organizations to run programming in their communities.