Become a Member
SPC members vote at the Annual General Meeting and receive the following:
- Regular notices of new publications, bulletins and fact sheets;
- Notice of upcoming activities;
- Discounts at most SPC events; and
- Access to the SPC library
To become a member, please complete the membership form and e-mail it to us.
Become an SPC Volunteer
We are looking for enthusiastic people who want to get involved with our organization as volunteers. We have several types of volunteer opportunities. Volunteers will:
- Receive our electronic newsletter to keep you up to date on our activities
- Be informed about and invited to participate in volunteer opportunities at the SPC
Current Volunteer Needs
- Design and layout of some communications materials. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org or 613-236-9300 ext. 312.
- Volunteers to help groups improve their skills to do community based research. Contact: email@example.com or 613-236-9300 ext. 303.
- Volunteers for a new community economic development project. In particular, we need helpers for community kitchen activities. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Geographic Information System Volunteers. If you have experience with GIS, and are interested in helping with our new project, the Community Information and Mapping System, please Contact email@example.com or 613-236-9300 ext. 303.
- Volunteer Researchers. If you have experience in doing social research, and are interested in helping with some of the SPC's research, please send a message to: firstname.lastname@example.org or 613-236-9300 ext. 303.