Our mission is to provide the residents of Ottawa with the means to exercise informed leadership on issues affecting their social and economic wellbeing.
- The pursuit of social justice and the reduction of inequality
- Active involvement of those most directly affected by issues
- The coming together of individuals and diverse groups in the community
- Leadership, professionalism and the quality of our work
- Collaboration and partnerships
Our vision is to achieve our mandate through:
- Identifying and analyzing the social needs in the community
- Providing leadership in planning and establish priorities for meeting the identified needs
- Monitoring and evaluating changes in the policy and resource environment
- Encouraging informed involvement by our members and the wider public in critical social issues
- Encouraging and enabling social service organizations to respond to change
- Taking an active advocacy role on social and economic policy
- Influencing decision-makers by making them aware of the need for and consequences of social and economic policies.