The Social Planning Council of Ottawa (SPCO) is hiring! We are looking for someone who possesses strong research and writing skills to complete research in support of Keeping Ottawa Seniors Connected (KOSC), a local collective impact plan to reduce senior social isolation in Ottawa. Because this is a Canada Summer Jobs grant, applicants must be returning to full-time studies in the fall.
The student researcher will:
- Produce an updated bibliography of Canadian and international academic and grey literature on senior social isolation
- Create an inventory of Canadian and international initiatives working to reduce senior social isolation.
- Create an annotated bibliography of academic and grey literature about promising practices and strategies to reduce senior social isolation in Canada and internationally
- Produce a report about the main findings promising practices and strategies to reduce senior social isolation in Canada and internationally
The position will provide an opportunity to present research findings to the broader community.
Qualifications, Skills, and Competencies
- Enrolled full-time in a graduate degree in the fall of 2017
- 1-2 years of research experience
- Strong organizational, time-management, research and writing skills
- Creative, enthusiastic and driven to deliver results
- Able to work independently
- Bilingualism (English/French), and knowledge of additional languages will be considered an asset
Start Date: July 4, 2017
Number of Weeks: 8
Hours per Week: 35
Hourly Rate: $14.20
Interested applicants should submit a cover letter and resume to SPCO Effective Measures Coordinator, April Carrière: firstname.lastname@example.org